I will likely be busy during the call on August 18th, but wanted to suggest some ideas in case it is helpful. Feel free to use whatever you like or ignore all of them!
Following the format of last week’s call:
- Trustless building progress update
- zkSync 2.0 Dynamic Fees news update, how this experience would be from a user perspective in Trustless, and what “ergs” means (https://twitter.com/zksync/status/1559582553643749376?s=20&t=Moh-TD62mSIx0aHJ7v73bQ).
- Relevant news recap
- Updates on Eth merge dates (Ethereum core developers suggest tentative dates for The Merge), though other sources are claiming that Sept. 14-15 is most likely. (https://bordel.wtf/).
- Acala aUSD exploit & resolution (https://cointelegraph.com/news/another-depeg-acala-trace-report-reveals-3b-ausd-erroneously-minted).
- Address screening by major protocols including Uniswap, Balancer, and Aave in the wake of the Tornado story (https://twitter.com/bantg/status/1558240022956064768?s=20&t=P-mR-NC08P5J7NB0OL-eGQ).
- Heated discussion in Maker about possible government sanctions on DAI and reducing USDC exposure (MakerDAO May Execute ‘Emergency Shutdown’ If Sanctions Hit DAI - The Defiant) as well as the importance of increasing decentralization (The Real Legal Risks - Miscellaneous - The Maker Forum).
- Trustless proposed governance structure - legislative & executive
- Thoughts on using the Discord forum vs. the Discourse forum (forum.trustless.fi).
Q & A with the community
- Any other challenges/concerns/points?
- Action items & next steps
Extra topics to riff on, if needed (can be used for any call):
- zkSync stablecoin protocol landscape update. See the discord forum discussion for more info.
- This research report had some decent analysis of overcollateralized stablecoins, with the “Competitive Dynamics” and “Main concerns” sections being of particular relevance for Trustless: Digital Dollars | Galaxy — Engineering a new economic paradigm.
- A lesser-seen thread about how the frontends/UIs of popular DeFi dapps can reduce user privacy (https://twitter.com/CryptoShine/status/1558777018963181568), and an explanation about the how and why of Trustless’ plan for decentralized user interfaces.
- The “Stablecoin Trilemma” - what is it, thoughts about the framework, how might other stablecoin protocols fit into it, where would Trustless be and why. The Stablecoin Trilemma. Deep Dive: June 2, 2022 | by Conor Ryder, CFA | Kaiko
There is also this trilemma visualization from fluid.ch.